[Harp-L] SPAH '06

I started to write a long dissertation about my incredible week in Denver.
Then I realized that less is more. I surely would not want to leave any one
or any event out. I will say that Paul Davies and the Mile High Club did a
great job. The hotel was great overall. Super location.

I am still a bit overwhelmed by the gracious comments I have been receiving.
Winslow's recent post along with Tim Moyer's the other day are so special
when I consider who they come from. These two are just so good themselves
and to have them appreciate my playing and say such things just blows my
mind. Many others in Denver made me feel so proud of where I am on the harp.
It also encourages me to work harder. I have always considered myself a big
fake. Warren Bee plays from the heart. He plays what his ear tells him to
play. He plays off of the other musicians he is in "conversation" with. I
have been doing it this way for over 30 years now. I play what I do by the
grace of God and have little "foundation" when it comes to my knowledge of
music in terms of theory etc. I say this because I want all other harp-lers
who like me, just love to play and haven't dug deep into the theory stuff
that it is OK. It is all a personal journey. I have spent a lot of useless
time over the years worrying where I am supposed to be. Now I know that I am
exactly where I am supposed to be. Coulda, woulda, shoulda thinking gets us
all nowhere. We all need to enjoy the moment and be happy with each and
every moment. This SPAH was monumental for me in terms of coming to grips
with who I am. I am looking forward to working on releasing all of my
self-doubts and replacing those thoughts with positive proactive thoughts.
Mojo Red took me to school one day in the lobby and showed me some great
position scales and concepts to help me grow in ability and confidence. I
appreciated that very much. This is really what SPAH is all about. There is
so much to learn from other people no matter where you are on your journey
or where they are. This message board serves the same purpose. You don't
have to take it all in, just take what you want for where you are in your
journey. Have fun and don't think too much.  Things just always have a way
or working out!

Warren Bee

.