Fwd: [Harp-L] aug 9ths and third position

Of course the augmented 9th (9th degree of the scale raised one
semitone) is enharmonic (same note spelled differently) with the minor
third. Second position is not the most helpful as getting the aug 9 up
around Hole 6 requires an overblow, valving, or a special tuning.

But what about third position? You've got your aug 9 hardwired in 5
draw and 9 draw and you can bend for the major third in Holes 2 draw
and 9 blow:

5D 5B 4D 4B 3Dbb 2D 2Db

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rainbowjimmy@... wrote:

How do you play riffs with aug 9ths? I have some nice horn lines that
are based on aug 9th chords. I can use a minor key harp and get the
aug 9th, but then I don't have the major 3rd, which I need. I can get
the aug 9th on the 3 draw, but then I run out of notes when the riff
goes down to the major third.

Thank you.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com