Re: [Harp-L] Media Editorial - Denver news and video coverage

Yes, that was a wasted opportunity. Showing Bonfiglio chug is like showing Toots play guitar. Sure he does it well but he does things on harmonica that no on else can do. And showing people that the harmonica is used in serious art music would help change the harmonica's image.
Ryan

From: icemanle@xxxxxxx
If so, it would have been awesome to show him playing Classical rather than 'chuggaroo'. (While >important to the harmonica evolution/history/preservation, 'chuggaroo' is only 1 step up from train >noises which is 2 1/2 steps up from old men with silly hats - right next to "Little Midget with Big >Harmonica"- in the perception of the general public, IMO.

The Iceman

-----Original Message----- From: rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx To: icemanle@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:14 AM Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Media Editorial - Denver news and video coverage

Iceman,
I agree with you as well that this while raising awarness of the event the video did nothing to alter the image of the harmonica. BUT... I do believe (forgive me if I'm wrong) the "long hair dude chugging away" was indeed Robert Bonfiglio himself.
Ryan

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search: Try it now! http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG