Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball

I use my Fireball for clean sound only. Also, with minor tweaking, I use it for vocals, in place of my SM58. It holds it's own with the two other 58's used in the band.

bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Heumann" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball

Richard Hunter wrote:

<snip>...the sound of the Audix Fireball on those tracks blew me away. <snip> At this point, I'm pretty well convinced that the Fireball is one of the best harp mics I've ever used, and its versatility is amazing.

Hi, Richard. I've played with the Audix Fireball - and have to say it may be great for YOUR music, - clean and smooth - great for Jazz, country, clean acoustic - but for MY music I really don't like it a bit. I point this out as clarification for the newbies in search of "chicago blues tone" - the fireball is NOT a good mic for that purpose in my opinion (unless, perhaps, combined with the right effects boxes.) It remains clean and even with a tight cup doesn't break up in any way shape or form like a traditional vintage mic.