[Harp-L] Re: Fireball mic

i agree that the Fireball mic, although cool looking and uniquely stubby , is not a particularly great blues /rock harp mic compared to a good old hi impedance bullet mic, like my jt-30s, turner bd's, T-3's, dennis oeillig Dr. Mikenstein specials, or even old Shure Bros green bullets . can one get good tone from it ? sure, but that is true of even the cheapest radio shack throw-aways ( or the best lo-Z dynamic stick/vocal mics) if you know what you are doing and have lots of gear from which to create a good harp rig.

the fireball is just a low-z vocal mic sm-58 clone with some cool looks and a little marketing bling. my Fireball has its place in my arsenal, but there are a great number of very cool harp mics in my arsenal that rarely see the spotlights of the stage . heck, the Fireball isn't even impedance matched to a classic tube amp favored by a huge percentage of rank and file blues and rock harmonica slingers. it is therefore somewhat impractical from the very get-go. wha's up wi dat? ( and it has no volume control or on/off switch further distancing itself from the specs of a genyouwine get-the-job-done-right-the-first-time harp mic )

cletus white