[Harp-L] My bad on 2nd class remark

Dear List,
In my recent post on SPAH and diatonic players feeling like 2nd class
citizens, I made the unfortunate remark that
"I don't know who felt they were second class - maybe they are just paranoid
or on a power trip..."

After posting this, I read the digest where Chris M. said he felt like a
second class citizen at the Jazz Jam.  With the digest the way it is, my
post will come after Chris's post (even though I hadn't read it yet when
posting) and may appear that my comments are directed to him.  They are not.
I did not mean to leave the impression that I thought Chris is "paranoid or
on a power trip".  He is not (well, or no more than the rest of us).

I agree that diatonic players, even one's of Chris's great ability, can be
made to feel like second class citizens in SPAH convention Jazz Jams.
Hopefully that will change, because Chris, George, and a few other guys can
lay it down with the best of them (and I mean jazz instrumentalists in
general, not just chromatic harmonica players) and they deserve a full and
respectful hearing at future jams.  I look forward to being there.

However, I did want to clarify that Bill H's original post left (in my view)
the wrong impression that SPAH in general made diatonic players feel like
2nd class citizens.  For the more jazz-oriented players like Chris and
George, I am sure it was more of an issue than for the rest of us, but
hopefully only at the Jazz jams, not the convention in general.

My apologies to Chris, the list, my parents, and the harmonica community in
general if my post and the slap-back effect of the digest form made it look
like I was ragging on Chris.  Next time I will wait and read all the digests
at 3AM to try and minimize this sort of thing in the future (or I might even
try to be more judicious in my choice of words).

Thanking you in advance for your understanding,
Fred S