RE: [Harp-L] Baltimore Sun article

Nancy wrote:

"Great article featuring several list members in case you haven't seen
it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/bal-to.harmonica16aug16,0,6393892.s
tory"

I had a little trouble with the link at first, until I realized that the
tail end of it was cut off. A quick cut and paste did the trick.
However, in searching the Baltimore Sun website for "harmonica", I ran
across this small article, which I found amusing:

Yankees manager Yogi Berra vs. Phil Linz, 1964.

On a bus ride after the Yankees had lost four straight, Linz decided to
play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on his harmonica. Berra, sitting at the
front of the bus, yelled for whoever was playing the harmonica to cut it
out. Legend has it that Linz didn't hear Berra and asked superstar
Mickey Mantle what the manager had said. Mantle reportedly told Linz
that Berra wanted him to play it louder and Linz cranked it up. Berra
eventually ran to the back of the bus, screaming profanities at his
player. An angry Linz then threw the harmonica, which hit Yankee Joe
Pepitone and cut his leg. Linz was fined for the incident, but received
a $20,000 endorsement with a harmonica manufacturer.

John Balding
-