[Harp-L] Fireball and Impedance Matching Transformers

Richard is right - my only experience with the Fireball was with the pre-volume-control, old element. I withhold further judgement until I can try one of the new ones. I still expect it to be a very smooth clean mic.

But as for adding an impedance matching transformer, just do it. Plenty of vintage mics have them (the 545 come to mind), as do modern ones like the Shure 520D - they're just built in to the mic itself. They ARE impedance matching transformers, nevertheless.

/Greg
http://www.blowsmeaway.com