[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 36, Issue 50

Now that it is absolutely clear that we need to reorganize the Jazz Jam at
the SPAH Convention, I ask help for 2007 to assure that we present in it the
way that best reflects the desires of the majority of the attendees and
participants.

To accomplish this I will be establishing a Jazz Jam Committee consisting of
one participant from the SPAH community at large and one appointed by SPAH.
It will be the job of each participant to jointly establish the guidelines
on how to proceed, based upon the input of the SPAH membership, and to make
recommendations to the SPAH Board.  Here are the guidelines for
participating in the Jazz Jam Committee:

1.  Must be a SPAH member in good standing
2.  Must have been an attendee of previous Jazz Jams an must be an attendee
at the 2007 convention in Milwaukee
3.  Must be a Jazz player
4.  The MC and committee positions are voluntary
5.  The rhythm section considered will either be those who perform as backup
for other performers at the convention, providing they are good Jazz
players, or local Jazz Musicians or other capable Jazz Musicians that meet
the budget criteria. Other options can be considered.

Yes, this is early on, but it is only the first of other requests I will be
making for volunteer participation.  The goal is to make SPAH and the
Convention please everyone, if that is possible.  This can best be
accomplished by your participation.  As SPAH's President, shame on me if I
don't listen and react, but....

So here is your chance to do SPAH and yourself a great service.  If you are
interested, please contact me offline at: tstryker@xxxxxxx or call me at:
(775) 853-5118.

Many thanks to all of you for voicing your opinions on this important
activity.  It is in this way that we will improve.

Tom Stryker
SPAH