[Harp-L] Tone and Intonation

I wasn't at George and Chris' table when the conversation took place, but I
can tell you that the notion of 'not exposing the overblow' came from Howard
Levy himself in the early years at Augusta; it was one of his do's and
don'ts, and he expressed that notion often . . .

That being said, as harmonicas and technique improved through the years, the
notion of 'not exposing the overblows' changed along with it, and Howard, as
well as most guys I know that play with that approach, are no longer
concerned about 'exposing the overblow' . . . as most now get good control
and tone out of them . . . I hope this helps clarify . . .

Regards, Paul Messinger