[Harp-L] SPAH Jazz Jam (or spazz)

Okay, some of these rules seem to be (for me at least) just satire against
the atypical jazz musician; it's as if the quintessential "jazz attitude"
went into writing them.

1. Must be a SPAH member in good standing
Like, okay, I can understand that to a certain point - but it's the tip
of the exclusive iceberg.
2.  Must have been an attendee of previous Jazz Jams an must be an attendee
at the 2007 convention in Milwaukee
Yeah, man, I can dig that... makes sense, but still a bit exclusive.
3. Must be a Jazz player
Okay, not very tightly defined but I suppose, if I have to ask what a
jazz player is... I ain't one.
4.  The MC and  committee positions are voluntary
Yeah, man, who cares about those squares.
5.  The rhythm section  considered will either be those who perform as
backup for other  performers at the convention, providing they are good Jazz
players, or  local Jazz Musicians or other capable Jazz Musicians that meet
the  budget criteria. Other options can be considered.
Like workin for free.