RE: [Harp-L] sitting in

I bet that guy didn't "sit" in for a while after that...ba-dum-dum...

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of BostonMoeJo@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:18 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] sitting in

Yeah, it's tough out there...

I recall Steve Miller relating a story about his salad days coming up
through the blues clubs on Chicago's South Side. Blues jams and open
mics were apparently quite common and popular in the late 60's. Steve
tells a story about how, one night, a young harp slinger got up on stage
crowding Junior Wells out of the microphone. Junior, not one to let
something like that go by unaddressed,  took a knife out of his pocket
and  stabbed him in the ass.

Call it what you want. I call it messin' with the kid.

~Bo

In a message dated 8/24/2006 10:44:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,