[Harp-L] Harpers vs Guiatrists

You know as a harp player & guitar player I have to say that what I always see is
when a 'jam' (be it after a blues festival or another structured event ) turns into a guitar stroke off. Three guitar players blaring & "biddly-biddlying away...yawn!

 I've found with my band  that folks are "guitared to death" and welcome a harmonica
played tastefully with dynamics.  In fact ,any horn or other instrument besides the
dime a dozen guitarists out there. More folks approach me (and I'm no monster player)
than our guitar player, because well somewhere along the line they had a harmonica and are curious to why it can sound like a horn,harp etc.

So I guess it goes both ways harpers.

PS- Most guitar players that I met object more to poor backing from the harp, not necesarly the 24 bar solo.

--
James Day
www.jameswday.com