[Harp-L] re: sitting in and soloing

James wrote
"PS- Most guitar players that I met object more to poor backing from the harp,
not necesarly the 24 bar solo."

I only solo. That's the game plan the band developed back in 1997 and it still works fine.

I get a better audience reaction if I just come in for a quick solo.

Our band only lets someone come up on stage with us if we know them and they're good, or if they're not too drunk and have a bunch of friends in the audience. With a small time bar band we have to get the audience up dancing as soon as possible and keep it going all night. Nothing empties a dance floor faster than amateur hour psycho karaoke.

If we decide to let someone sit in, we'll go over the song with them during the break after the 2nd set. Then we'll do a song, maybe two, and off they go.

I don't bring harps to other people's shows and never ask to sit in. It's their show and it's fun to be in the audience.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm