Re: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Conventions in General.

"James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps a college campus could be considered as a convention locale.
> the rooming accommodations may be a bit base, but the right place could
> have a theater available for the big shows with plenty of rooms for classes,
> etc., a common area, an on campus bar, cafeteria, etc.

incidentally, lest my earlier comments about campus bars be misread, i
think this is a promising idea.  i'm on the organizing and program committees
for the annual python (programming language) conference, and we've done
well using the facilities of universities in washington, texas, etc.  a big part
of this conference (pycon.org) is keeping the cost reasonable, which i'm
guessing would appeal to many SPAH members as well.  with a little bit of
effort you might even be able to engage the music department's help for student
volunteers and such, or at least to help spread the harmonica gospel to a new
generation of students.

probably worth some investigation.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?