[Harp-L] Tongue blocking and speed

This is a continuation of a thread from last week.

A friend forwarded me the following from the February 1995 issue of AHN from an interview with Sugar Blue, by Steve Harvell:

Steve: Do you use the pucker or tongue blocking method?

Sugar Blue: I use tongue blocking only, you have more power that way and better tone. It makes a larger chamber in your mouth this way,giving you that big tone with warmer and better notes.

Leaving aside his reasoning, I think this indicates pretty decently that Sugar Blue tongue-blocks for everything he does. Which should pretty well be the nail in the coffin of the idea that pucker is somehow inherently faster than tb, not that others weren't already good examples of that, but Sugar Blue is amongst the fastest of the fast, and if he does it all with tb, well, that's pretty good evidence.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'