[Harp-L] Re: Richard Sleigh Toolkit

Richard was working on putting the kit together back when I was working with them.
He made a reed scraper for me. I've had it 7 years now. Real nice tool.
I cut out the reed lifter from an outline he drew of his. I went through a few of those from
carelessly misplacing them.

I would highly recommend anything Richard markets. I've been to his shop and seen the care
and skill he puts forth in his work and the focus toward perfection.

It isn't always about how cheap you can buy a harp or repair tool. Quality craftsmanship last
when the price is forgotten.

Richard can sit in with the band anytime he rolls into town. :-)
There is a gifted mind behind that humble exterior.

mike

From: "Matt Smart" <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Richard Sleigh's Toolkit To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <431ddc340608251604xb21b51akbf88cf8898f4d868@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

I just received a toolkit from Richard Sleigh. Not bad. Cost $50 but
it included 3 pages of instructions, a real nifty reed wrench/lifter
and a draw scrape tool. The scraper allows you to tune blow reeds
without taking the cover plates off. OH MY GOD...I am so psyched. I
guess he learned that from Filisko. If you want to email him..here is
his email rharp@xxxxxxxxxx