Re: [Harp-L] Tongue blocking and speed

Finally, I want to return to my first point: it's what's in the mind,
first and foremost, that determines what comes out of the instrument. In August 2001 I heard Ricky Skaggs's awesome, powerhouse bluegrass band play at the Grand Targhee Bluegrass Festival. His fiddle player, an ordinary-looking, slightly portly guy apparently in his late 50s, played a solo that started out fast and ended faster, with a string of 32nd note triplets articulated with astounding power, precision, and velocity. My mouth didn't close for days.

Hi Richard,
I saw your post and suspect that the fiddle player you are referring to is Bobby Hicks...he has that effect on everyone that hears him...I could not even pack his case...I'll be the guy practicing Mr. Hicks' licks.

PT Gazell pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx www.myspace.com/ptgazell www.ptgazell.com http://www.sonicbids.com/PTGazell www.cdbaby.com/all/gazell