Re: [Harp-L] Tongue blocking and speed

On Aug 26, 2006, at 7:02 PM, Dave Murray wrote:

Perhaps there is no magic for speed in the embouchure (TB/PL,U). Perhaps, just perhaps, the people who excel at certain things (like speed) do so because they earned that skill through time in the wood shed spent on that aspect of their playing. Just a thought.

You mean you gotta practice? Oi vey. Now you tell me. I thought all you had to do was buy a harp, get some black jeans, a bowling shirt, a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers, and have your picture taken with as many touring pros as possible. I want my money back :-p

Bob Cohen