Re: [Harp-L] Professional/Gigging Survey

Matt, it depends a LOT on the gig.

  In my harp case I'll pack 20 diatonic harps, 3 mics, and one 20-foot cable.  That goes to every gig.

  If I'll be playing through the house system I'll take a 4-space rack case with a power conditioner, a V-Amp modeler/effects unit, and a BBE compressor/gate.

  If I'll be playing through my own amp I'll add a Crate Powerblock head and a Crate 4x12 cab filled with Celestions.

  In addition, I have a big tweed bag with lots of pockets and zippers.  Everything else goes in there:  extra cables, adapters, a Leatherman tool, digital camera, iPod, delay pedal (just in case), and pens, business cards, etc.  Often, I'll include a laptop computer, too.

  At the minimum, you need harps and a mic.  If I'm feeling like travelling really light I'll take a few harps and a Harmonica Honker mic, which is tiny and gets good growly tones out of a clean PA system.

  -Rick

Matt Smart <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello List Friends,

I need some help. If you are regular "gigger" I was curious if you
could tell me what you need to bring to a gig. If you had one case,
that could fit everything...what would it have..examples

- 50 diatonics
- chromatics?
- mike cord
- mikes