[Harp-L] Re: I Don't Pucker

I started out by making the fish face, which is hard to maintain for very
long, but over time I just automatically learned to use the inside of my
lips to block off other holes.  That's why some people call this embouchure
"lip blocking", which is accurate even though it may still give non-players
the wrong impression.  Although I would like to eventually learn tongue
blocking and have made some progress towards it, I believe I will always
rely on the other method as my primary embouchure.  I use those same
tonguing techniques, which are not likely possible with TBing.  They are a
good way to play very fast notes without labored breathing patterns, and the
result sounds much different from train chugging or even super-fast melodic
playing a la Ricci/Popper/Miller/Blue/etc.

Wouldn't spent too much energy on trying to change the name, though.  It's
harmless among learned players; just be sure to clarify whenever you're
explaining it to a rookie or non-player.

Jonathan Metts