Re: [Harp-L] 7/15/06 post revisited

I was there, it was MY first and I wanted to sound like Leighton (one man's ceiling, another man's floor syndrome)
smo-joe's ghost

On Aug 26, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Chris Michalek wrote:

I was there for that. It was my first SPAH and I remember thinking "man I really want to sound like Howard."

"Mick Zaklan" <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While researching this thing, I actually stumbled upon another meeting of
harmonica titans that I had forgotten about. Howard Levy and Charlie
Leighton locking horns at the piano bar during the 199l convention in
Romulus, Michigan; with Ron Kalina feeding them chords on piano. Whew!
That one I have on tape.