[Harp-L] re: intonation and such

personally,

I would consider that someone who could play Ode to Joy
without me recognizing which position he/she had chosen to use
has a more or less complete control of the instrument in question.

My understanding of instrumental concepts is perhaps old fashioned,
let me try to explain:

In the realm of classical music *all* musicians strive to produce the
*perfect* sound of the chosen instrument.

In the world of *J*azz, the idea is more directed towards the auditor on
hearing a piece of music can immediately identifier the player.

Conclusion;
It's not necessarily the 'altered notes, i.e. bends, overblows, underblows,
uberblows, forced notes etc.. that are distracting from the music but more
the 'un-altered' or 'natural' notes' that disturb the ear by their inherent
lack of expression.

Does this make sense?

mox

http://titanicstringband.free.fr/
http://tinyurl.com/kg9ur
http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable