[Harp-L] Advice on getting gigs

Well, my band isn't exactly huge giggers, as we all have full time jobs else
where, but getting started, our drummer (the self appointed agent) went to a
few clubs with a demo cd w/ 4-5 songs and a sheet of paper with some info
about the band (styles of music, some of the songs we play, instruments,
etc.) and after many attempts, booked a gig. Another, we got through some
friends.

The big thing is don't get frustrated. We have been trying to get gigs for a
while, but have hit several road blocks and pessimistic club owners. We
finally got a Thursday club gig and afterward they wanted us back every
week.

Shawn Williams
http://code29band.com