RE: [Harp-L] Intonation and Such

Since I am very much in favor of the use of overblows and bent notes in
regular everyday playing I feel that I have to join in in this
discussion, not because I want to convince anybody that there is no
difference between the notes because there is and I am glad there is.
The only way to get a harmonica to sound exactly the same on every note
is to get out your old Roland keyboard, switch it to the harmonica patch
and play the song on that.

I feel that most has been said (I was on vacation, otherwise I would
have joined in earlier :-)

And peoples opinions seem to be moving toward the "don't play them if
you don't have to" corner.
I am very much in the other corner, but I can't think of anything to
write to express my point
Instead of writing long arguments I thought I would just send two tracks
so people can make up their own mind.

The first is just a line with decending triads so you can clearly hear
the differences in timbre between notes, the second is a ballad with
some of those nasty sore thumb overblow thingys.

http://www.overblow.com/mp3/harp-l/triads.mp3

http://www.overblow.com/mp3/harp-l/sentimental.mp3

Tinus