Re: [Harp-L] intonation and such

"Winslow Yerxa" wrote:

<===Richard.
<
<All of this obsession with controlling the pitch and sound of altered
<notes is in my opinion a big, fat, waste of time, and I for one have
<other fish to fry.
<
<====WInslow
<
<Your perfectly valid choice - for you as one person. My only
<requirement of you or anyone else is to make your own choices for
<yourself as an individual, and never to say never for anyone
<else.

Well! I was unaware that I had been elected master of the universe. I am duly impressed with my own magnificent power. And yet, I am humble.

So okay, Winslow, if it makes you feel any better, I promise not to use my awesome, unmatched powers ever to command, coerce, or compel, wittingly or otherwise, anyone on this list -- or in the known universe, or even indeed in universes not yet discovered where people (or whatever life forms pass for people in those mysterious places) might feel obliged for reasons of any sort to slavishly follow my implicit or explicit commands -- to abandon their unremitting and undoubtedly worthy efforts to spend all of their extremely valuable time, the only unrecoverable resource in this universe beyond life itself, trying to master every possible permutation of overblown or bent notes, just because I think, after years and years of practice and careful listening, that it's a big, big, fat, fat, waste of time.

And I do think it's a big, big, fat, fat, waste of time, time, time, time.

But those of you whom I have previously commanded, upon pain of whatever it was I threatened you with, to abstain from striving for impossible perfection in your bending and overblowing -- I release you! You are free! You may pursue your muses, even stupid, heartless, unresponsive muses, if that is your wish!

While I'm at it, I swear not to command everyone on this list to send me $50, even though I truly think that's a better thing for anyone to do than spend all his or her time practicing overblows.

Regards, Richard Hunter