Re: [Harp-L] Intonation and Such

hmmmm.... well I don't mean to offend you Tinus but that sounds really harsh.  It's partly your playing and mostly the position you play it in. If you're going to play for somebody then why not try to make it more musicial?

This is a question everybody should ask themselves. Are you playing for you or are you playing for the audience?  It's great that you're practicing to play everything on one harp but why not make it sound good?  The Audience doesn't care what position you play it in or that you play everything on one harp.  You've amazing control over your instrument so pick up a different harmonica and make it sound good.

Here's a sample played on a brand new out of the box Firebreath harp. I was just checking it out when I saw your post so I hit the record button. A C harp wouldn't be my first choice but since you set the precedent I thought I'd try it out.

http://www.thebuddhasgroove.com/sentimental.mp3 <1MB
12th position sounds pretty good. 2nd seems to work well too.