Re: [Harp-L] intonation and such

Direction doesn't matter because the final destination is pleasing the audience right? I'm still an avid OBer but I'm more focused on what sounds good over how to play it.

Tinus's post is a perfect example of what I don't like about OBers.  Sorry to use you as an example... yeah he played the melody and even embellished but I don't think it can hold the attention of the audience because something about it sounds off. Why not play it in a position that is more comfortable?  Playing it the way Tinus did is great for practicing the tune but if he were to play it in public like that I would feel embarassed. Clearly he's more focused on technique then the quality of the tune or the ears of the audience.

What are you trying to prove Tinus?  That it can be played using every OB?  There no doubt that it's possible, so don't you think it's time to focus on the quality of the music?

I'll never forget the time John Kally sat in on one of my shows. Technically, I'm way ahead of him but he won the crowd with his energy and emotion. That's what people hear not the virtuosity. Despite my skill John Kally was the better musician because he moved the audience and THAT my friends, is what entertaining is about.