Re: [Harp-L] Entertainment/ Muse (not exactly harp content...)

Winslow said something about not imposing your own limitations on others.
That's what I'm talking about.

It is true that the voice was probably the first instrument... that doesn't
change the fact that in today's society that one instrument commercializes and
 homogenizes music more than any other.

As far as "expectations" go, if I was concerned about that I would have  been
a lawyer or a doctor.

People who know who I am do come to see me play, but I also reach people  who
had no idea who I was until they heard me play. Even in rooms where I have
to WORK in order to get them to pay attention.

Maybe Vern should have written "If I play instrumentals, people will yawn
and walk out the door", to which I would have responded "Practice more"

Gary, I'd love to jam sometime, but 9/7 wouldn't be the best time.

-Steve
www.stevemarchena.com