Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Entertainment

Vern writes:

"
OK, OK, OK, OK................Give me a break here.

The context was not virtuosos whose names are on the tickets and  whose
audiences are seated in an auditoriums.  The context was  us ordinary performers
whose audiences are seated at tables in a  cabaret, eating, drinking, talking
and probably didn't know  our name before sitting down.

Nobody (not even me) expects Bonfiglio or Yo Yo Ma to  sing!   ;o)

Vern
Visit my harmonica website _www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com_
(http://www.hands-free-chromatic.7p.com/) "

...Lol, okay, okay.....but your original blanket statement did seem  to cover
"all" instrumentals...so it did seem a bit over the top for some  of us who
can easily sit mesmerized through an evening of instrumentals  without any need
of vocals.  Of course that DOES depend on the  entertainer....I have been
known to doze off when an especially boring  performer took the floor.....but
that's regardless of  whether singing was involved or not...some folks just have
an amazing  ability to ferret out the audience's snooze button....   :)

 I should add that Peter White isn't one of those guitarists who  just plonk
on stage facing the audience....he's on his feet moving to the  music,
interacting with the crowd...and trust me, he can't dance worth a  damn - but that's
part of his charm, and he sure keeps ME grooving to  the music from my
seat.....

Elizabeth