[Harp-L] MN Opera gig--Help!

Hello All,

My name is Noah and I play in all the styles you would expect from a non OB diatonic guy: Rock, Blues, Bluegrass, Country etc. I sing and play harp in this original group: http://www.viciousaloysius.com and harp and percussion with this group: http://www.boydleeandjoecruz.com

I'm writing because I need help. I recently picked up a gig with the Minnesota Opera. I'll be playing in their world premier of The Grapes of Wrath. I have Act I already and it looks like the best strategy is going to be switching diatonics and chromatic harps to suit each passage. I'm having a problem with getting as much projection out of my chromatic as I am with the diatonics. I'm using a super chromonica 270. I have no doubt that it could be my technique as I do not play much chromatic. Any tips would be great.

I also have a few questions about gear... I hope to hear from anyone that has played in an orchestra pit before... Should I expect them to mic me properly or should I bring my own gear? If so, what do you suggest for a mic, mic/preamp, mic/amp option? I'm sure they have fantastic condensers and that is part of the reason I want my projection to be consistent between harps...

If there are any other suggestions for what to expect or perpare for I'd love to hear them! I've only had experience as a soloist in these settings so I'm not sure how to approach this role. The composer did suggest that many of my parts are exposed and that's a smart sign of how to use the instrument in my opinion.

BTW I'm under contract for Bonfiglio's price...

Ha Ha -- I wish.

Noah