[Harp-L] Junior Wells : Live at Theresa's

Junior Wells was one of my great blues idols (as well as the first world -class blues harp player I ever got to watch live) - and yet I must admit he was unpredictable : you never knew weather the show would be brilliant or horrible - I saw him 3 times: twice were great, Junior at his top form, and once  - at the `95 SF blues festival - absolutely horrendous. He played no harp, and spent most of the songs just doing his grunting and monkey-sound shticks rather than his usually incredible soulful singing.
  However, in his last years he did produce 2 GREAT albums : "Live at Buddy Guy`s Legends" with a full electric band + horn section (featuring a terriffic version of "Help Me" backed by only the Hammond organ) and "Come on in this house" , featuring acoustic and semi acoustic songs with lots of great slide players.
  Hammer