Re: [Harp-L] Hazmat Modine Videos

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Moyer"

> One thing to consider is that the user agreement
with YouTube about
> videos you post is that you give ownership rights
(which you might
> not actually have) to them.  This might not be much
of a concern,
> but bands might not be too enthusiastic about
someone posting their
> music to a forum that gives that forum owner the
right to
> redistribute at will.

> You might want to check with them first, if you
haven't already.

Hi Tim,

  Thanks for the heads up. I, of course, didn't know
about the redistribution rights, though it doesn't
surprise me in the least. Even if they didn't have
those, the very fact that it's easily downloadable
from the net makes the content nearly impossible for
me (or the band) to control. All that said, in case
anyone on this list is concerned, the video I posted
is up with the express consent of the band, so I'm not
robbing them of any money (nor am I making any ;).
  I can't speak for whoever posted the Russian TV
clips.

  --Jp