[Harp-L] Gear Heads

You know how folks bust on us for having all this expensive, complicated gear to play a "$20 instrument"? Well, I was quite amused the other day, walking around the harbor here in Sydney, to see a guy playing the didigeroo (long pipe-like aborigine instrument) busking, and he had the damn thing hooked up to effects processors and his laptop! He had the pipe mic'd and then running into all this stuff. He was playing along to some rave-type music. I thought it sounded pretty frickin' awesome to tell the truth! I'm sure the native aborigines would be inclined to roast him over a spit and eat him had they seen that. Maybe he's the "Little Walter" of the didigeroo, ha.

Harp content - after that, it blew me away when Brendan Power simulated the didigeroo during his world harp workshop. I gotta learn how to do that.

Bill Hines