[Harp-L] Stevis Wonder CD recommendation

Tim wrote:

  >I think if you're just listening to Stevie for the harmonica playing
you're missing the larger picture of his genius.  Certainly he a
great harmonica player, but his music is wonderful whether or not
he's blowing harp.  Additionally, some of his best harmonica work is
done as a guest on other people's recordings (The Eurythmics to
Sting to James Taylor to...).

>I bought a copy of "Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection", and
it has 20 of his biggest hits.  Now, I'm not wild about everything I
hear on the radio, and could probably live without "I Just Called to
Say I Love You" and the like.  On the other hand, "Uptight", "My
Cherie Amour", and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" are some of my
favorite songs of all time, and I thoroughly enjoy this album.

-tim

Sorry for a "me too" post, but Tim is spot on here. This is really a very good collection with a moderate emphasis on his 60s material. Perhaps some of those songs are a little bit less refined musically than his later stuff, but that´s more than compensated for in terms of exuberance, vitality or what have you. "Signed, sealed ..." still blows me away, even after all these years. Some of the best pop ever done. Strongly recommended, and you´ll find  great harp there as well.
  Martin