[Harp-L] Folk Harp

I studied the harp for a couple years, learning songs, playing along
with cd's, but I haven't played much in the past year because I never
found someone to play with.  Recently, however, I met a friend who
writes and plays folk music, and he wants to work together after I
improved behind him a little one night by playing chords and sustained
notes with a little riffing.

I've only really played along with blues before though, and I'm not
completely sure how to handle folk.  I got Jon Gindick's Rockin' the
Folk, and that has helped, particularly his section on Oh Susanna, but
I was wondering whom would be some good folk harmonica players to
listen to and get ideas from.  His style reminds me a lot of James
Taylor, but he seems to have a bit of emo influence in the vocals from
his rock band.

(I think this is also going to mean learning overblows, grrr, as I
like the sound of straight harp with his work, and he likes to use
minor keys).

Thanks for any help.
--
Carter