[Harp-L] Open Mike Songs

You said:
“Sometimes when I perform at open mics, I like to play and sing songs by
myself. I do nine below zero (sorta like carlos del junco) and I'm a man.
Can anyone recommend any other songs that would go well without other
musicians? I was trying to find a new one to learn. Not every song works
that way...”

As for myself, sometimes when I’m alone I like to take off all my clothes and jump around the room like a monkey!  But you're talking about another kind of alone.  The kind where you are in front of people alone.

Here are 116 songs that might work for open mike depending on the occasion, time of year, audience, etc.  I forget where I got them all.  You can probably get tabs on these sites.
http://www.harptabs.com/
http://www.harpinanawhinin.com/
You have to cut and paste these with the tool bar, but not the right mouse button.
http://www.volcano.net/~jackmearl/
About 300 out of 1000 are free.  I purchased the remaining 700 and am satisfied.

A Holly Jolly Christmas
Ain't no sun-shine when she's gone
Amazing Grace
America, My coun-try, 'tis of thee
Annie's Song
Auld Lang Syne
Battle Hymn of the Republic
BLOWIN IN THE WIND
Born Free
THE BOXER
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
BUS STOP
Can't Help Falling In Love With You
CHARRIOTS OF FIRE
CHERRY CHERRY G
CLEMENTINE
CRACKLIN’ ROSIE by Neil Diamond, D
DANNY BOY
Daydream Believer
DECK THE HALLS
Dixie
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Do You Know the Way To San Jose? Dionne Warwick version
Doggie In The Window
El Condor Pasa
The First Noel
Fly Me To The Moon
FOR HE’S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW
Frosty The Snowman
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
God Bless America
"Happy Birthday"
"Hark The Herald Angels Sing"
HELLO AGAIN, by Neil Diamond  C
"Here Comes Santa Claus"
"Hey Jude."
Holy, Holy, Holy
I Can See Clearly Now
I’M A BELIEVER E
Its So Easy
I've Been Working On The Railroad  G
I Left My Heart In San Francisco
I Got A Name
Jingle Bells
Joy To The World
Killing me softly
La Bamba
LADY MADONNA
LEAN ON ME
Leavin' On A Jet Plane
LET IT BE
"Let It Snow"
Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens
Little Drummer Boy
THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
LONGFELLOW SERENADE by Neil Diamond in E
LOVE ME DO
Theme From M*A*S*H*
MICHELLE, MA BELLE Ab
My Country Tis Of Thee
My Ding-A-Ling-A-Ling
MY WAY
NOBODY DOES IT BETTER G
Nowhere Man
Oh Susanna
Over The Rainbow
"O Christmas Tree"
"O Come, All Ye Faithful"
"O Little Town of Bethlehem"
O Holy Night
PIANO MAN
Please Come To Boston
PRETTY WOMAN
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
Rainy Days And Mondays
Rocky Top
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Scarborough Faire
SEPTEMBER MORN in Eb
"Silent Night"
Singing In The Rain
SONG SUNG BLUE C
SOUND OF SILENCE
SQUEEZE BOX
STAR SPANGLED BANNER
Oh Susanna
Sunshine On My Shoulder John Denver C
SWEET CAROLINE in A
SWING LOW SWEET CHARRIOT
Take Me Home, Country Roads
"Take Me Out To The Ball Game"
Tears In Heaven
THAT’S AMORE
THE ENTERTAINER, SCOTT JOPLIN
The Rose
This Land Is Your Land
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
There’s a kind of hush
THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRINED
Tie A Yellow Ribbon
Time In A Bottle
Top of the World
Try To Remember
We Are The Champions
WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
 [WE’RE COMING TO] AMERICA
What the World Needs Now Is Love Sweet Love
Whatever Will Be Will Be (aka Que Sera Sera)
WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING
"When The Saints Go Marching In"
WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE
White Christmas