[Harp-L] Train wreck recovery

my band was playing a gig and i noticed on one song the guitarist seemed to be in the wrong key. he tuned for the next song, a popular that rock song i sing on, and halfway through was off key again. the guitar had broken the nut and couldn't hold tune. in the middle of the song he stopped and switched guitars. the bass and drums kept going like nothing happened. after the set, i talked with a bunch of friends and nobody had noticed the problem, not one. my wife, who knows our songs well, said she noticed, but it sounded like that's what we intended to play.

moral-sometimes if the back ground keeps going and holds the song together till everyone else gets back on track, nobody even notices. other times, on rare occasion, when the drum part falls apart, we've made a joke and started the song over. :-)

Shawn
http://code29band.com