RE: [Harp-L] Re: Danny Boy

Rick wrote:

The only note that is a problem in this tune played in 2nd pos. (G on C)
is the first note of the the second part. It's the same note as the
first note of the first part, but it's up one octave. You can get the
F# (major 7th, key of G) on draw 2 by bending one semitone, but it
requires an overblow on 5 or a retuned draw 5 to get it in the second
octave. You could, of course, head for hole 9 and bend it down a
semitone, but then you'd run out of harp for the rest of the 2nd
part...unless you've got a 12 or 14 holer.
Personally, I'd play the thing in 1st position and be done with it.

Agreed. I'm too lazy to do anything other than take the path of least resistance (except for Paddy Richtering the harp - it's THE answer for this tune).

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com