Re: [Harp-L] Spiers Custom Harmonicas

I just got an order of 2 from Joe. What can I say? Wow! As I previously reported they are stunningly beautiful. Buy the maple combs if you can afford the bump. Simply gorgeous. The closer you look the better the detailing looks. It just unfolds. Oh, the good part. They play beautifully too. Very fast harmonicas. Low reed offset without giving anything up. You can lean into a note hard and it's just there. The tuning is superb. I got a Bb in 19 limit and a G minor natural in 5 limit. G will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong on the minor. Ask me how to build a Chicago loop. That I can do. It's quite nice that there are some very viable alternatives in the custom harmonica world these days. Even 5 years ago there weren't a whole lot of options in custom diatonics. fjm