Re: [Harp-L] "playing"

----- Original Message -----
From: "fjm" <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Laughlin" <rlaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] "playing"

> I was asking a question, thank you for your answer.

Here's a question:

Are you calling Mr. Ross a "stuft-shirt elitist"?

Here's your statement:

"It sounds like you're calling Mr. Ross a stuffed shirt elitist?"

That's your impression of a comment extracted from the total of my post,
though it referred to my own desire not to BECOME a stuft-shirt elitist,
rather than a specific allegation against Mr. Ross. I'm not calling Mr. Ross
an elitist, but having had experience with ADMITTED elitists through my
contact with the classical world, I have simply chosen not to be as
EXCLUSIVE in my tastes, to the exclusion of what I would consider to be some
very good music.

>  The down boy I
> could have done without.

The strong and somewhat condemning retort I could have done without, myself.

>I wrote you not as listowner

Not invoking the "L" word, as it may,,is this but a subtle reminder of your
powers?

>but as a
> participant in a forum much the same as I would have before I was the
> listowner.  I'm certain you missed my point but we'll leave it at that.

Not so sure I "missed" your "point". I still have the puncture wound to show
it.

>   It is difficult to respond to your response since it is so reactive
> and personal.

I, by the way, AM a "person". Oftentimes, I may react as such.

>My sincere apologies for having offended you.

I accept your apology. I'm only sorry that my substandard linguistic skills
have led to this.

>I think
> you read more into my words than were actually there.

I was merely reading the words. They seemed a bit condemning in tone.

> This is a
> territory that I as listowner would never venture into.  I don't do
> content except in the very broadest sense.  Writing from my personal
> e-mail address my words have no more authority or weight than yours do.
fjm

Cheers, and the best of everything over the holidays.

Bob