[Harp-L] Holy Cats of Cacophony!!! ( a summary )

   Wow I step away from the L for like five minutes and bam!!! I don't know
where to start...You guys really nailed every element of this
intonation/tonal/timbre/playing thing down...everyone knows I think the
intonation timbre thing is ridiculous cause like fJM said tons of
instruments have issues especially upright basses and trumpets.But this
isn't what Bull dog was arguing cause he's cool, Incidentally I'm quitting
harmonica caused Howard's already got the chromatisism thing down and trying
my luck at full time Theremin intonational mastery, they really avoid this
issue on theramin l. Like the veteran he is Joe Leone summed it up pretty
soulfully with his post...I once said it well here too when we had this talk
before almost a year ago... Please, Please read my old post on this subject
as I'll never say it that well again here:

    Title of post:( OB's/Intonation/Wabis/second try sorry if this posts
twice...)

http://harp-l.org/mailman/htdig/harp-l/2006-January/msg00819.html

  By the way I'm getting wicked sick of Joe Bashing himself on this list!!!!
Nobody listen to Joe's self depreciating malarkey any more...O.K. List
ferrets here goes this: Joe Leone is one of THE best harmonica players I
have ever had the chance to hear period...He got up after me in FL and did a
version of summertime (a song I do sometimes) with my band that has left me
to retire that number from my repertoire as I don't want my band or me to
ever hear me massacre it again in comparison to the "SUPER WEIGHT
CHAMPION".As a matter of fact I wrote a bit on it and never sent it cause
Joe did that whole Heavy weight thing and I was afraid it was going to be
the Italian Mutual admiration harp l society. Joe played with such an
immense knoledge of harmony precision, beautiful tone, and soul that the I
can truly say that was the best "Summertime" I have ever heard on any
instrument short of The Pearl, Janis Joplin's vocal cords hands down. I
can't wait to here more in 07...

 While I'm in the practice of List member praise I want to thank Roscoe for
posting his relevant thoughts on this deal even if I think there are other
cats besides Howard meowing chromatically in tune AND Timbre.

  But the real award I think goes to Dave Murray for his underlying softness
and kindness that emanates from every sentence of his posts
.
 Also Bulldog did a great job of defending his position while NEVER dissing
overblows or over-blowers! I got that man... The list is rocking HARD these
days! These are good things were talking about.

 Finally to Bob Laughlin... Dude don't, not post just cause you messed up
with your e-mail thing...I have sent so many screwed up e-mails at the last
minute by accident not realizing who or what was going on where...PLEASE,
PLEASE participate here! So you messed up and with the LIST OWNER!!! (FJM)
That's hilarious man from where I sit...I'm not sure, but I think FJM SO SO
forgives you, He's had to deal with a lot worse including DEATH THREATS to
yours truly here via this list before! So post away nobody's gonna try and
kill you unless you do something really something really harmful to others
like come out of the closet or something like that. Any way The list is
worth it and so are you and your thoughts...

Off the subject I ran into AL Smith in the men's bathroom in Ohio and Judy
too (outside the bathroom) on our way to a gig in Mishawka IN he was heading
from Des Moines and so was I...How cool is that? Al doesn't have intonation
issues or play the theramin to my knoledge but he's still cooler than all of
us.