[Harp-L] I Say a Little Prayer

Hey Jazmaan-- that sounded great.  And I'm not just saying that because you are playing one of my favorite composers of good lyrical melodies.  I like that you took a song with a good melody made for solo and you added enough tricks for flavor to make it very interesting to listen to as a solo, unaccompanied harp piece while not rendering the song unrecognizable.

  If I played that song the way you do, my wife would stop complaining at my harp playing.  You've inspired me to go back to the Bacharach collection and add flavor.  (Have you done "The Look of Love" or "This Guy's in Love With You"?)  Hearing the way you play it inspires the effort in me to go back to this tune and work some more.  Thanks for the gift.

  As your message seems to imply, it is cool to play a song that stands alone as a harp solo, instead of the harp just being used as a special-effects fill-in for other instruments, or being limited to blues soloing.  As for technical comments, I'm not skilled enough to critique your bending etc., but the bottom line is you produced a recording I like listending to.  For anyone who is thinking of criticizing your technique, I ask them to post a recording that I might enjoy as much as the one you posted.

  LC