[Harp-L] notebook microphones for harp recording

I have a new notebook computer and wish to connect one of the few odd microphones I have suitable lying around. The problem is, said microphones when connected, and me having intentions of using Audacity to record my harp practice, well they won't work. It appears that the microphones I have are stereo and when these are connnected to my Sony Minidisc, no problem recording. Frustrating, as I want to send off these audio files to my teacher. So, is there something in the microphones vs the pc that someone might know about. I know this crosses over into computer issues, but being motivated by harp, and since so many of us have some computer skills, I reckon I might get a hit, to coin a phrase. Any takers???
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia