[Harp-L] Air on a G string.

Sean asked....can the melody be played
reasonably easy on short or would it require o/b ,o/ds?>>>>

  I have recently started playing this tune, too.  It's beautiful.  My approach, as usual, is to find the key with the least sharps and flats and it seems to be Bb, arranged for clarinet.  I found it on a free sheet music site http://www.8notes.com/scores/559.asp?ftype=gif.  I don't practice o/bs and o/ds so I can't say if that works for this arrangement.  I simply use two diatonics together (a C and a C#).  If you own a chromo this is even simpler.

  By the way, if classical is your thing (I play it about half the time), check out clarinet and flute arrangements- they seem to be the most harp-friendly.  There are a few websites of free music such as 8notes that actually let you browse by instrument, so it is easy to find.

  Have fun.

  LC