To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:57 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Air on a G string.

Seasons greetings to all,
was watching a show on t.v here in the uk called 'How music works' on Sat night and to demonstrate an early form of a 'walking bass' line a trio performed Bach's Air.The presenter was on piano,a guy provided the bass on an upright and the melody was played beautifully on harp by someone unknown to me.It seemed very simple but worked perfectly.
I couldn't ascertain if the guy was playing chrom or short harp ,aurally it appeared to be the former however from what I managed to observe through the dim lighting it seemed to be at least a very short chrom and he didn't seem to be using a slide.
My question to any listers who may have been fortunate enough to see the show or more widely to some of the more advanced players is, can the melody be played reasonably easy on short or would it require o/b ,o/ds.
I tried to figure it out after show on short and could play the first 6/7 notes,unfortunately I couldn't recollect the rest of the tune exactly,quess Ishould get a recording first!!
Thanks in advance for any tips,
Sean.