Re: [Harp-L] shortlychromatic (George Brooks' response)

As I've mentioned before I was struck by how spot on PT Gazell's was when I heard him at SPAH. It's so unusual to hear diatonic harmonica of any sort played to pitch. It's just so difficult to start and stop notes correctly all the while bending to pitch and maintaining a tone that's somewhat close to what you've heard in your head. I could spend a lifetime just getting the notes to have a somewhat even timbral quality. fjm