Re: [Harp-L] 12th position - more on fiddle tunes

Earlier I detailed reasons to study 12th position for trad/fiddle
tunes.

Later another one occurred to me.

let's say you ahve a G mixolydian tune. YOu're playing it in second
position on a C harp. The chords keep alternating between the tonic (G)
and the flat seventh (F). Studying 12th position (F on a CC harp) will
give you more fluidity over the F chord, whether you're improvising or
playing a set melody.

Winslow