[Harp-L] Sharing harps

I was introduced to harp because a friend was willing to share so it always breaks my heart to turn people down.  Sometimes I will break code.  I have GIVEN my last harp of that particular key to friends who are on a gig and their harp breaks.

  But the real story is when I was in college, there was a local player who was around 40 years old.  He asked to borrow a harp and sit in on my gig.  Respect your elders, I say.  Now I have never tried cocaine before or since, yet I KNOW this dude was doing coke because the moment I played the returned harp I got a feeling that was unmistakable, even to the untrained.  The moral?  Never let the guy who blows by thru his nose borrow your harp!  I'm kidding, he blew with his mouth, but that stuff must infiltrate your whole bloodstream and sweat.
  Michael Rubin
  MichaelRubinharmonica.com