Re: [Harp-L] So I bought a Line 6 Roto-machine yesterday...

--- Chris Michalek <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a leslie simulator on one of my line 6
> pedals. I'm assuming its the same patch that is on
> yours.  It sounds better with an octave pedal like
> the HOG.  It also sounds a helluva lot better when
> you use two amps.  In general I think the leslie
> effect sounds cheesy with the harp. I'm sure my
> other effects sound cheesy too but I like 'em.

I'll try two amps sometime this week.  I think for a
big show that could be really cool.  For regular club
work, though, it is a lot of work.  I don't have the
HOG, but can probably try a friends Boss OC-2 (which
sucks for harp, but I'd get an idea).  I almost feel
like that cheating though.  With just the leslie sim,
I still have to have mastered a technique in playing
octaves.

I know a keyboard player who has a small rotating amp.
 I think it had one 12" in it.  I MIGHT try to chase
it down and try that out.  I'll probably get sick of
the effect in a month, but at least I can fudge it if
need be.

With that being said, I don't look down on anybody who
does it different.  At the end of the day it is the
sound that usually counts.  Effect pedals are just
like using tuned harps, etc.  To each his own.

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index